Tuesday, August 4, 2015

That friendship day had me reflecting...When I was growing up, I wasn't very good at the girlfriend thing. I'd be lying if I didn't admit I am a little jealous of people who can boast they've had friends since kindergarten.  In middle school, I left behind my very best friend from the neighborhood and went to a male dominated private school. In high school, I focussed on my boyfriend. I do have a wonderful friendship with a very special woman I met my freshman year of college. I met Mark my sophomore year and he became it for me. It's funny how I gravitated towards a profession that has me interacting with women all day long. Looking back, I think it's something I really missed. On one hand, it makes me sad that I didn't foster more female friendships growing up. On the other hand, I'm feeling pretty lucky that I've been able to establish such an intimate rapport with so many women during my twenty year stint at Mark & M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment