Tuesday, August 25, 2015

When Mark was in the process of buying the salon from his parents, I decided to quit teaching and go to beauty school.  Although I never wanted to do hair, I wanted to be there to support my husband.  I always hoped that I would find something to do at the salon to be helpful to him. When I took the wax class in school, I couldn't believe how fun it was.  I couldn't really imagine doing it for a living, because waxing something like an eyebrow seemed like such a potentially scary service.  What if I waxed someone's eyebrow off?  Or what if I dripped hot wax in their eye? Or what if I ripped the skin off their face?   I was really nervous about facial waxing, but once I started doing it, I realized that women feel so much prettier when their eyebrows are done so I was determined to get good at it. For a couple years, I focussed on nails and brows until that one fated day when I decided to venture South. I feel like all of the services that I've performed at Mark & M.E. were about making women feel prettier and better about themselves. So this morning I want to thank you all for entrusting all of your parts, North and South, to me over the past 25 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment