Friday, October 9, 2015

I woke up at 4:30 and was listening to the rain. I was thinking that people might be grumpy today because of the weather. And then I got thinking that being grumpy about something like the weather is such a waste of time. I received some really sad news yesterday. A long standing client of mine got news that her 3 year old has 6 weeks to live. She has been fighting cancer almost her whole life. She has endured endless hours of chemo and radiation. She is an adorable little trooper you would all love. A few months ago, they thought she was in remission. They just found out it's back with a vengeance and she won't be able to beat it. My heart is breaking for this family. No one deserves this. Now they have a right to be grumpy. So I'm sitting here feeling grateful for pretty much every damn thing in my life and hoping that everyone embraces this rainy day and says a prayer for this family.

No comments:

Post a Comment