Friday, October 16, 2015

Wait until you hear what happened today. I got a call from a client who was in the hospital who is 28 weeks pregnant. Four days ago, her water broke. That is very dangerous if you aren't close to full term. The doctors told her she had to stay in the hospital until the baby is born. Her goal is to keep that baby inside of her until 35 weeks. She said the only problem is that she needed a wax. She convinced the doctors to let her leave the hospital for one hour to come to Mark & M.E. She had a friend pick her up and bring her to the salon. The doctor told her if the umbilical cord fell out, she was to get into a doggie position and call 911. It was the most nerve wracking Brazilian ever. I was afraid I'd see the cord slipping out of her. I was afraid to push down to her stomach. I was afraid to touch her. It was surreal knowing that she should have been at the hospital, but she begged for an hour repreive to come see me. I love being a part of a woman's journey through pregnancy, but this was out of control.

No comments:

Post a Comment