Friday, February 12, 2016

A girl bought a Groupon for a Brazilian at another salon, because she was trying to save money. The tech took an hour. She said it was very painful and the area was sore for several days. The technician couldn't get all the hair out and blamed it on the fact that the client was black. She never ventured between the cheeks. The client told her she's never had problems getting waxed before. When she told the technician where she went, the girl said she's heard horrible things about Mark & M.E. My first reaction was anger. First, how dare she blame the client for being black? It's not the client's fault that the tech is obviously inexperienced. Second, no Brazilian should ever take an hour. Period. Third, how dare she bad mouth me? Furthermore, I don't need to advertise on Groupon to get business. The client defended us and said we were amazing at what we did. After my initial feeling of anger subsided, I realized you can't control what people say or think about you and I'm proud of all the technicians at Mark & M.E. I also realized that I feel sad for any tech who feels the need to bad mouth someone else to make herself feel better. There are plenty of hairy people in this city to keep us all busy. Maybe if she focussed on becoming better at her job, she wouldn't feel the need to discredit someone she doesn't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment