Tuesday, March 22, 2016

A couple years ago, an editor was looking for a local female business woman to feature in their magazine. Someone suggested me. First, I had to fill out a form. Professionally, I told them I owned a salon, wrote books, owned real estate and did all of the bookwork for our businesses. Personally, I told them I had a successful marriage, three college aged children, worked out daily, and was even a gourmet cook. My days are very filled and I love my busy and happy life. They declined to write an article about me, because they said since I didn't do any volunteer work, I didn't hold up to the standards of the women they profiled. I volunteered a ton with the kids when they were in school, but I have since substituted that time with writing books. I'm not sure when I'm supposed to add volunteering to my schedule. When I thought more about the kind words my client wrote yesterday, I remembered that exchange with the magazine. In my own way, I volunteer my positive attitude and encouragement to any woman who walks in the salon and could use a friend. Maybe someday, they'll reconsider writing an article about me. If not, it's ok. I'm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment