Tuesday, April 19, 2016

I know it's hard for many people to imagine staying with the same person for decades. One of the things I asked myself before I got married was "can I live with the shit about Mark that bugs me?" It's easy to focus on the good things in your relationship, but that's not the stuff that will break you apart. So you have great sex or he makes you laugh? Big deal. Can you live with his incessant burping or the piles of dirty socks he leaves on the floor? It's the stupid shit that can be potential deal breakers. It's the stupid shit that could potentially drive you nutty. My advice tonight is this...can you live with the shit about your mate that bugs you? If the answer is no, then you have some soul searching, my friend. If the stupid shit is inconsequential in the scheme of things, then you have a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment