Thursday, May 19, 2016

I woke up at one in the morning sweating profusely. At first, I blamed it on hot flashes. After an hour and a half of discomfort (that's the polite description of what I was feeling), I realized the air conditioner wasn't working. The electricity went out in the entire complex and it has been really hot and muggy in the Keys all week. Fortunately, my husband called the electric company in the middle of the night and reported the outage. The power was restored as the sun came up and I decided that going for a swim would cool me off and loosen up my 51 aching parts. I walked down to the pool and the scariest bolt of lightening splashed into the water on a sandbar that is right off our complex. It's amazing how quickly those 51 parts ran up two flights of stairs. Now, I'm back inside where it's safe after a cool shower and some deep breaths. As I sit in my mom's recliner and stare at the ocean, I'm able to watch the lightening and listen to the thunder and ponder the events of the past few hours. It has been an interesting way to start my day. I've decided that these are all signs that this is going to be an exciting year! m.e. nesser 

No comments:

Post a Comment