Sunday, November 7, 2010

When you're a kid, you dream about doing all sorts of things when you grow up. When I was young, I had only been exposed to chain hair cutting places like Super Cuts. In the 70's, it was called Cut & Curl. I didn't know anything about salons or spas and I certainly had never heard of waxing. If it hadn't been for marrying a hairdresser, I doubt I would have ever discovered this profession. So this morning I was thinking about what kind of person would dream to do what I do for a living? You'd think a fairly angry and sadistic person since I inflict pain on women with abrupt movements with a big smile on my face. But, the truth is that I don't have an angry, mean or sadistic bone in my body. That led me to the realization that women will do whatever is necessary to achieve a particular goal such as pushing an eight pound baby through her cervix with no meds. When a woman waxes, her goal may be to eliminate razor bumps or improve her sex life. My profession allows me to be the facilitator that helps a woman achieve that goal. So, in a way, I'm like Mother Theresa.

2 comments:

  1. there is nothing mean and sadistic about what you do. i'm so sincere when i say "thank you, i feel so much better now that i've seen you" as i leave.

    ReplyDelete