Friday, August 21, 2015

Sadly, it's not common for couples to stay married for a long time. Mark & I have been married 28 years and I wanted to share one of the many things that has made our union successful. In the past decade, I've had 9 MRI's on various parts. Since I am unreasonably claustrophobic, Mark has offered to be in the room with me for each and every scan.  He holds my hand and makes me feel safe enough to go in the tunnel from hell. He has subjected himself to whatever magnetic rays are in the air just to make me feel better and give me the strength to go through with the procedure.  This week, as he was holding my foot and my hand for an entire hour, I realized that true love is selfless.  He puts himself at risk because he loves me. I wouldn't have been able to do it without him, because I become irrational and, although I try to be a big girl, when they lock your head in the cage, I lose my shit. So for those of you who wonder why our marriage has been successful, selfless love is one of the many reasons. And no worries, I'm healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment