Saturday, October 10, 2015

When I wax myself and I get to the area that kind of hurts, I exhale as I pull that particular section of hair off. I waxed a woman today who I hadn't seen in months that sported quite the full afro. As I was taking off the hair on that extra sensitive part, I let out a loud exhale as I ripped off that part.  She started to laugh after I removed the hair and said, "Did you just exhale?" I didn't realize I had done that. I started to laugh and said, "OMG, I think I did!" I told her that's what I do when I wax myself. She couldn't believe how loudly I exhaled. I think I was actually anticipating her pain and wanted to make it a little easier on her. I told her that I didn't realize I exhaled, but I knew that it was going to hurt really badly. She assured me that it hurt  really f'***ng bad, but the exhalation and subsequent laughter helped get her through it. I usually am pretty ambivalent to the client's pain. Today, I was sharing her misery. I think I might be getting soft in my old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment