Friday, January 22, 2016

Sometimes, I wonder if I should have gone into medicine. A woman who just had a baby had a really large ingrown hair.  It was the size of a cashew on steroids. I got my gloves on, waxed over it to get rid of all the hair, moved my spotlight closer and prepared for inspection. When I squeezed it, a ton of pus shot up towards my face. It probably exploded a good six inches from her midsection. My eyes felt protected since I wear glasses, but the rest of my face felt vulnerable and I wished at that moment that I had a mask on. Although no pus touched my skin, it felt like it was a very close call. I kept draining the alien, because it needed to be free. There was so much pus oozing out that the fingertips of my right hand were dripping all over her stomach. I'm happy to say I was able to extract several stubborn hairs from the area and make the surface flat. Alien versus Sassysnatch: The volcano edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment